Border Crossings offers regular training courses for theatre-makers, educators and community workers. Led by our Artistic and Associate Directors, these dynamic week-long courses focus on the Border Crossings play-making process, using devising and writing techniques to create work that responds to cross-cultural encounters.
Courses begin with an encounter between participants and the city - and grow to encompass creative writing and improvisation, exploring how theatre can help us understand one another.
Recent courses have involved organisations and artists from the UK, Mauritius, Sweden, India, Greece, Germany and Denmark.
Participant comments include:
- “It’s a bit of a revelation, really.”
- “It was a moment for me to get back to artistic playfulness…. It was very special for me.”
- “I want to be an artistic actor, and that is what I have found here.”
- “I’m so thankful that I’ve met Border Crossings.”
- “This is a very high level of workshop. I have been studying devising in many ways and this is a new level.”
- "I found the workshop to be a very enriching experience on many levels. I have always benefited hugely from working with Michael. I feel he is one of the rare theatre makers who is generous with sharing his process. What I specifically find refreshing is that the starting point is the participant/creator and this naturally leads to an open/democratic process. This workshop was especially critical given the current climate that exists with Britain leaving the EU. His work is always responsive to what's going on outside the studio/rehearsal room and always informs the creative process."
- “It actually propelled me to think more deeply about my own ability towards working with people with different command of English, as well as different professional background, and on this level, it was a very valuable intercultural experience which could, and should be introduced in a refugee/migrant setting.”
- “Thank you for a great week!”
If you'd be interested to join one of our courses, please contact Associate Director Lucy Dunkerley: email@example.com
Download the latest training course brochure, with full details of forthcoming courses, dates and costs.