Sponsorship & Funding
During the year leading up to our 21st birthday, earned income represented only 11% of Border Crossings’ turnover. As a registered charity, we cannot rely on commercial income alone to support our work, especially as our ticket prices have to be kept low in order to benefit diverse audiences around the world.
Our Arts Council grants constituted only 31% of turnover: far lower than for most arts organisations.
The support of partners, trusts and foundations, commercial sponsors and individual philanthropists is crucial to our ongoing success.
The 21 Club
Formed in our 21st birthday year, the 21 CLUB is a group of special supporters who have donated at least £500 to support Border Crossings’ work in intercultural theatre, combined arts, education, heritage, community development and building a better world. Members of the 21 CLUB enjoy special access to the company’s working processes, with the opportunity to visit rehearsals and workshops, to meet the cast and production team at special performance events, and invitations to opening nights of shows and festivals. There is an annual dinner with the Artistic and Associate Directors for 21 CLUB Members.
Border Crossings works closely with donors to ensure maximum value is obtained from each donation. We are able to claim Gift Aid and Theatre Tax Relief. Many donations are eligible for Match Funding Schemes.
Contact 21Club@bordercrossings.org.uk for further details.
Sponsorship of the arts is an exciting and cost-effective marketing tool, with the potential to reach an exciting demographic. As a business expense, sponsorship is tax deductible.
Previous sponsors of Border Crossings have contributed both in cash and in kind, and have included Air India, Air Mauritius, Barclays Bank PLC, British Airways, First Air, International Herald Tribune, Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel (Mauritius), On the Go Tours and Standard Chartered Bank.
We are able to offer our sponsors:
- Exclusive branding association with prestigious and high-profile arts events, for example a major international ferstival
- Credit with logo on all publicity materials, both print and on line
- Written greeting in event programme
- Banner and poster display at performance venues
- Association with high-profile partners
- Association with prestigious public funders
- Complimentary tickets to performances and events
- Special discount prices on tickets for other events
- The opportunity to host sponsors’ receptions and meet artists (Photographers can be present and catering offered at additional cost to the sponsor)
Please contact email@example.com to discuss sponsorship opportunities for your business.