Border Crossings runs a programme of talks and debates to complement our productions and to further our exploration of intercultural theatre.Recent speakers have included:
- Patron Peter Sellars on Radical Theatre, and Theatre and Africa
- Indian critic and dramaturg Rustom Bharucha on Terror and Performance
- Iman Aoun of ASHTAR Theatre (Palestine), Ola Johannsen (Middlesex University) and Ahmed Masoud on Theatre and Palestine
- Dr Emma Cox (Royal Holloway), Zoe Lafferty (Director of Queens of Syria), Kuhel Khalid and Mark Maughan on Theatre and Refugees
- David Wilson, Jonathan Chadwick and Bayan Shbib on the Arts and Conflict
- Prof. Graham Harvey (Open University) and Gabe Hughes (Wampanoag scholar) on Indigenous Cultures, speaking at the House of Commons
- Alick Tipoti and Tristram Besterman on Indigenous Cultures in Museums
- The Origins Lecture: lecturers have included Winona LaDuke, Fiona Foley, Alanis Obomsawin
- Benny Wenda on the struggle in West Papua
We also regularly participate in talks and conferences for other organisations.
Check programme pages for forthcoming talks.